Sunday, May 6, 2007

Graffitied trucks!


Today's post comes from a parking lot in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. I noticed this truck walking back to my apartment from the L train, and it was too interesting to pass up taking a Polaroid of.
I've walked by this parking lot several times since this Polaroid was taken, and both this truck and VW bug have been parked in the same place. I've peeked in the windows of the van, and it looks like it could be being used as a residence. The front of the truck also has two eyeball stickers on it, giving the truck an anthropomorphic quality. There are odd creatures drawn on the side of the truck, as well as words. The tags, along with the pinky-purple color of the truck give it a very eccentric feeling. I wonder if perhaps the truck belongs to the artist whose work is showcased on the sides of the truck.
I am always fascinated by any vehicle I see that has graffiti on it. I like to think of these vehicles as moving art exhibitions. I also wonder how people manage to tag vehicles. Much of the tagging must be done under the cover of the night, so where do they find a light source? Do they have look outs, people to help them? I suppose they must.
That's all for this post. Check back soon!

3 comments:

calivintage said...

teehee! such a delightful find!

Anonymous said...

Such a cool blog! I love all your photos! :) Corinne x

Teresa said...

Polaroids are so old school cool! I just love the way photos turn out. So vintagey. The yellow bug is so awesome! Reminds me of Pikachu cars. :)

♥ Teresa ♥