Saturday, April 28, 2007

Driggs Avenue


See? I told you it wouldn't be much of a wait for the next post!

Today's Polaroid comes from Driggs Avenue between North 9th and North 10th streets in Williamsburg Brooklyn. This particular area has a lot of warehouse-type buildings that have been converted to art galleries. This doorway is the side entrance to one of these galleries.

I like this door because it follows the the running theme of graffiti mash-ups, as obviously some of the door's decorations are pasted paper. This door intrigues me and makes me want to go inside, to see what kind of art exists inside.

I also like the face on the side of the door. There are several tags like this around the neighborhood. The face is particuarly mischievous looking. It makes me want to meet the tagger.

If you're in this area, there's a lot to do and see. There are several art galleries, such as Jack the Pelican Presents where a lot of cool art is displayed and you can see it for free! (Take that MoMA!) I also recommend Junk. You can find almost anything you want there, from vintage clothes, to furniture, to housewares, to records and cds, to books...they have it all! I especially like their record selection.

Well that's all for this post. But continue to check back soon. I will keep updating frequently!

No comments: